Wisepay

About Us

Our school was founded in 1861 to provide education according to the principles and practices of the Church of England. The school remains legally owned by the Trustees of its Church of England Foundation, but is now controlled by the Local Education Authority. We have close links with St. James' Church and the Church is represented on our Governing Body, creating an important link between the school, the church, and the local community.

Old School Building St James the Great
sun1 hw_frost1 sun3 hw_frost2 sun5

This popular school which is located in High Wych (a village at the edge of the country town of Sawbridgeworth) welcomes pupils from the immediate catchment area as well as from the neighbouring communities. School entry starts with Nursery and Reception aged 3 and 4.